Appraiser Self Register
Welcome! We appreciate your interest in becoming a member of the
Springhouse Panel of Appraisers. Please review the following information for details on our expectations for preparation, guidelines for the delivery of appraisal reports and the additional information needed to become an approved appraisal provider among the esteemed Springhouse Panel of Appraisers.
Springhouse Appraisal Management makes the appraisal process quick and efficient. Appraisal orders will be assigned via email address and based on your member profile coverage areas and good standing within our performance rating system. You may accept or decline appraisal orders as your schedule allows, but we will continually expect a high standard of quality and timely work.
Our userfriendly website gives appraisers and clients the ablity to order new appraisals and monitor the status of those pending. To properly manage timelines we ask that our panel members establish a freeflow of communication with our customer service department.
In order to become a Springhouse preferred appraiser, please follow the instructions that ensue. To start building your profile you must first accept the terms and conditions of our appraiser procedure agreement below. After agreeing you will be redirected to an appraiser profile page which you will need to fill out. Once your profile is completed you will receive a username and password, at which point you can log in to your secure appraiser portal. Upon gaining access to this portal, please upload the following documentation to complete your registration with Springhouse. Along with this documentation it is also necessary to provide us with your Enhanced Coverage Area, so you are assigned as many appraisals as possible. Please return the required documents in a timely manner so that we may expedite your approval and start sending you orders.
- Completed and signed Appraiser Application form
- Make sure first 5 digits of social security number are included
- Workers Comp Certificate
- Completed W-9 form (December 2011 version signed and dated)
- Current copy of current licenses/certifications for you and all associates in your office
- Copy of E&O Insurance for all associates in your office
- Current resume for yourself and all associates in your office. Please make sure to include three professional references, their contact names and numbers
Once you have completed and uploaded all of the appropriate information to our website, the Springhouse quality control department will review all of your documentation before orders are assigned. Springhouse prides itself on the speed and quality of our services, and we are prepared to compensate for our panel member’s commitment to this high standard of work.
Thank you again for your interest in Springhouse Appraisal Management. We look forward to establishing a valuable partnership with you in the near future.
Panel of Appraisers Procedure Agreement
Springhouse strives for the prompt payment of appraisers once all work is completed and delivered. We are willing to compensate our Panel for efficient and thorough work. Springhouse will be responsible for all payments rendered.
- Because of the complex nature of properties needing valuation, Springhouse will use Fee indexing as the most efficient, manageable and equitable method of establishing competitive market fees schedule in your coverage area.
Communication between Springhouse and its Panel of Appraisers is a vital component to providing quality appraisal management. If complications arise regarding scheduling and/or deadlines, Springhouse is to be notified immediately so we may communicate proper timelines to our clients.
- Please be aware, Springhouse issues appraisal orders according to an appraiser performance rating system. Delinquent communication will reflect negatively on your performance rating, and may affect your role as a Panel member.
Issue of the Appraisal Order
The fee being paid by our office, along with the expected delivery deadline, will be stated on each appraisal order. Please review the appraisal order thoroughly, as both the details of the property you are being asked to appraise and our client's requirements will be outlined. Appraisal orders are assigned based on geographic proximity of the panel member's office or the requested coverage areas in which the panel member has competent experience as it relates to the subject market area.
- Accepting the appraisal order means you have accepted the fee and requirements outlined in the order. If at any time you have questions regarding your fee or cannot comply with the order requirements, please contact the Springhouse office immediately so we may act accordingly.
Springhouse asks that its panel members schedule an inspection appointment and communicate its status within 24 hours of accepting an order. This communication is important because it serves as the confirmation of order acceptance. This also allows Springhouse to communicate the status of the appraisal request to our clients, which is integral in adhering to our high standard of appraisal management.
Completion and delivery of appraisal orders are expected to be both timely and accurate. The preferred turn time for accepted appraisal orders is three to five business days. If, at any time, circumstances do not allow you to meet the preferred turn time, please contact your Springhouse representative immediately.
- At no time does Springhouse want our Panel of Appraisers to sacrifice the quality of their work in order to meet a previously agreed upon deadline. We understand turn times are often contingent on the complexity of the appraisal ordered. Springhouse will always take into consideration your prompt communication of any possible delays and the requirements of the appraisal order when evaluating your performance rating.
Appraisal Report Delivery
Once an appraisal order is completed, all pertinent documents are to be uploaded to the order page in the form of an Adobe Acrobat PDF file. Please upload all files required in the appraisal report including: digital photos, sketches, maps, signature and copy of license and E&O insurance.
Springhouse is rooted in protecting the security and integrity of all documentation requested in an appraisal order. At no time will Springhouse tamper with or willfully manipulate such documentation. Documentation that is received without password protection will automatically be password protected before delivery to the client.
As a Springhouse panel member you must be properly licensed/certified and in full compliance with the regulations set forth by the state in which you are appraising. Once your license/certification expires, you will no longer be considered for appraisal assignment until Springhouse receives your renewal.
- Springhouse will not accept appraisals completed by trainees.
If a condition is requested by an underwriter, Springhouse will notify the panel member by e-mail. Please address these conditions with the highest priority. If you are not able to have the conditions completed and delivered within 24 hours of receipt please communicate to a Springhouse representative an estimated time of delivery.
Springhouse appraiser profiles will remain confidential and are for internal use only. If at any time a panel member is contacted by anyone other than a Springhouse representative regarding information about a specific appraisal order, we are to be contacted immediately. Springhouse does not require our Panel of Appraisers to include contact information on completed reports.
Order an Appraisal Today!Order Online!
by phone 502-384-0727
by fax 314-754-8111